Wednesday 8 August 2012

Zesty Lemon

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions. We made the awful decision to put out beloved dog to sleep on Monday after old age and kidney failure got the better of her. She was the closest thing I had to a sibling, as well as my best friend. She will be greatly missed in our household but I know she's in a better place :) 


But before all the drama, I baked some lemon meringue cupcakes. My wife from uni (aka Jenny) came to visit as her boyfriend Tom has moved to Bournemouth so I baked for the occasion. Lemon sponge filled with zesty lemon curd topped with meringue and then popped under the grill (I ideally need a cooks blowtorch, hint hint) for the finishing touch!




I took a few into work yesterday and was told they were the best cake people had tasted! I must be doing something right :)

2 comments:

  1. They were del-iiiicious! :) And meringue is my fav! It's like you knew :p Very sad news about Honey though :( She was definately loved a lot :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look scrummy!!! So sorry about your Honey xxxx

    ReplyDelete